4.8.16

hint about part 2: a little side project

My side project: a 10-minute frequency Montreal map, 6am-9pm, using real north, not Montreal-north (which is really east-northeast). Part 2 of my writing about signage is underway. 

Hand-drawn, not by choice, but because I'm too much of a luddite to figure out (let alone torrent) Adobe Illustrator. I'm using a 60/30 degree set for the diagram, because I think it suits Montreal's geography the best.

(And yes, a few ideas have been loosely interpreted, albeit with significant alterations, from Anton Dubreau's work at Catbus. See here. That being said, I reference Google Maps more - it's hard to balance a diagrammatic projection like this one with geographic accuracy.)

Definitely a work in progress. Looks like I'll need to rip out one or two more pieces of graph paper as well.






My complicated, high-tech toolkit.